Sunday, August 24, 2008

Telephone Game

Did you ever play the Telephone Game when you were a kid? I remember playing as a Brownie when I was seven or eight; we would all sit in a circle upon our Sit-Upons and the Brownie Leader would whisper something in the ear of the little girl next to her. Sometimes it would be a rhyme or some silly phrase. Then each girl would whisper the “secret” around the Telephone line until the last little girl had heard it – who would then announce what she had heard out loud. What the last little girl heard was NEVER what the leader said to begin with; the phrase was always turned around and completely convoluted, It was great fun.

Apparently someone in my hometown has been playing a grownup game of Telephone. A group of people has been sitting in a big circle, on mats made of newspaper and vinyl and somebody said something silly about me. My Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law were at a Bridal Shower on Saturday and were standing right outside the Telephone Game when the last person announced the amusing results.

They were quite shocked to hear that Nelson’s Mama was PREGNANT.

But not nearly as shocked as Nelson’s Mama.

Or Nelson’s Daddy – who has been neutered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I hadn't heard that one yet. ; )

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE I GUESS