Friday, August 1, 2008

In the news....

I saw this article on-line in my hometown newspaper. But I'm warning you, don't stand too close to me because lightening just might strike!

Accident claims Puryear man Wednesday

Staff Report

A Puryear, Tenn., man died after his moped struck a guideline wire yesterday.

Richard Wess, Sr., 82, was leaving the Gasbuster Scooter lot on Poplar Street around 4 p.m. Wednesday and was attempting a right turn onto Poplar. According to a release from the Murray Police Department, Wess' moped struck the wire, throwing him off the vehicle.

Calloway County Coroner Mike Garland said Wess was pronounced dead at Murray-Calloway County Hospital's emergency room at 5:30 p.m. He said an autopsy is scheduled today to determine the exact cause of death.

MPD Officer Jay Herndon and Capt. Jim Osborne are investigating

I read on another news source that the moped was a 2008 Suzuki, do you think it was his maiden voyage?

And exactly why do they need an autopsy? I mean, I wasn't there, but it sounds pretty self-explanatory to me.

Okay, enough of that, my thoughts and prayers do go out to his family.

No comments: