Wednesday, September 10, 2008

'Round and 'round we go....

I think I could buy new socks every week and would still end up with orphan socks. Where do those socks go? Does Neptune eat them like he does money, or does some thief slip through the cat door at night and steal single socks just to mess with my mind? In fact - if I ever get rich, I will never wash socks again, I will cut to the chase; NEW SOCKS each and every time and then throw them away.

Enough of that digression, this morning Syd was searching through the dryer for an elusive favorite sock...white, low-rise. Didn't I know the EXACT one she what wanted? Ummm...no. Sounds like the other HUNDRED orphans that I don't know what to do with, that I can't seem to throw away. But, whatever. She finally found something she was satisfied with and left the dryer door standing wide open.

Later after everything has calmed down I go into the laundry room and close the door and turn the dryer on wrinkle release...

AND, my dryer makes a REALLY, LOUD, THUMP.

And a BANG...

And that's when I remember watching Vivian hop into the dryer.

Into the nice soft towels!

It took a bit to extract her from the towels and she tried to act all dignified, but I'm thinking maybe she might not do that again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I keep thinking something similar will happen here...
I also think we could start an on-line group JUST dealing with orphan sox; maybe we could match them that way, or design a new line of foot coverings that are only similar but never matched?!