Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where was I?

Maybe it just seems that way - but I honestly think that when my girls were small and much more dependent on me, and I had a honest to goodness J.O.B., that our life was much less hectic than it is now. I was on the BALL back then. Doing laundry, cleaning house, getting kids to bed, reading books, mowing the yard, ironing everything that wasn't nailed down. Nowadays I'm like a lost ball in tall weeds. To put it bluntly, I can't seem to get my shit together, guess it doesn't have a thing to do with the time I spend on this computer.

Got Rea off for her trip to Virginia this afternoon; I did iron most of the clothes that I packed for her. It is one of the things that I am prone to do - I love freshly ironed clothes in a suitcase. We referred to the list that "Martha" sent us, however, we did take a few liberties with her suggestions. Let's just say that I didn't pack 14 T-shirts or 7 pairs of pajama pants.

Just in case you were wondering, Oscar's hunting season is going well. He has a new amphibian-of-the-day. It's FROGS. He's 3-3 this week - I found last night's catch at 3:00 this morning and left it on top of Neptune to show the family. Guess what? It was gone at 7:00. Luckily, Nelson snuffed it out by the front door at 8:30. That was a big relief - Oscar just likes to mortally wound frogs, I was worried about finding that little fellow by smelling him in a few days.

Drove by my coon hound buddy twice today. His living conditions aren't wonderful, but I've seen him fully standing now and there is no way he could have stood up in the crate he was in. I'd like to cram his human in that damn crate for a few weeks...just sayin'.

No comments: