Sunday, June 21, 2009

The things I do for you...

I spent a good bit of Friday morning sitting on the grass in the front yard, in nothing but my sleep shirt trying to take pictures of a pair of Bluebirds. The neighbors don’t think I’m crazy at all – crouched out there on the grass, in my NEON green shirt, with my camera and that big old zoom aimed at the neighbor’s house. The people driving by didn’t even make even make eye contact with me as they passed. One guy drove by twice, (and I was right next to the street), he acted like I wasn’t even there…but YOU know he KNEW.

Syd keeps telling me if I’m not more careful that I’m going to win an all expenses paid vacation to Moccasin Bend – straight jacket included.

You see, the Bluebird’s are nesting in the neighbor’s mailbox – I can see them from my front window. Those Bluebirds fly IN. Those Bluebirds fly OUT. Until you sit in the front yard in a NEON green sleep shirt with a camera, with a huge zoom. Then they just hang out and taunt you so that the neighbors and passers-by think that you are a complete nut case.

Here’s one of the only photos of those stupid birds I was able to snap - and the Bluebird of Happiness didn't even have the decency to look at the camera.

Their nest is in this hole – sorry, people, but I gave up getting a picture of them hanging out on their front porch. You'll just have to close your eyes and imagine it. It's the best I can do.
I'm hiding now - somebody is at the front door for me...

No comments: