Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break, Spring and Love Offerings

The girls are on Spring Break this week and next, so I haven't had a chance to blog as much. Hopefully things will be back to normal in a week or two.

We've had beautiful weather the last two days, so apparently Spring is on the way. We had our first sure sign of Spring today - Syd was out in the driveway enjoying the sunshine and Oscar brought her a Love Offering. Isn't that sweet? Bet you didn't know that cats brought Love Offerings did you? Well, they do, and Oscar does it on a regular basis and his favorite offering is: Snakes.

Here's today's Offering, who somehow managed to survive the ordeal.
He hightailed it back to the woods lot (with some encouragement from a broom).
Meanwhile, the Superior Snaker sulked from the window sill. It hurts his little feelings when we shun his Love Offerings!
And I know some of you would have cheerfully pulverized the Love Offering - but I can't, it's not in me. If he were poisonous I would, but he's not, so I don't. When Dan is here I get him to relocate the Offerings a lot further from the house - but today, the woods lot will just have to suffice.

No comments: