Friday, January 16, 2009

The Odd Couple

I saw this story the other morning and loved it, then saw it on another blog today. Thought I'd share it too.



The Elephant Sanctuary is in Hohenwald, Tennessee and an easy drive from here; they are always asking for volunteers and I was all ready to sign up and go shovel manure, slice watermelons and what have you. I had visions of befriending an elephant and me scratching it's trunk and being best buds and all. Further research revealed that I would be unable to even lay my little eyes on the lovely pachyderms - volunteers are completely restricted from any contact with the residents of the sanctuary.

Still, I enjoy perusing their website and reading the diary updates of the ladies and their sole gentleman friend. Here's the link: http://www.elephants.com/.

No comments: