Thursday, January 29, 2009

I really like squirrels...

I think you are cute, fun to watch, creative, inventive, amusing and on occasion pretty damn stupid.

Like this morning. Why would you choose to cross the road during the morning school rush? Better yet, why would you try to cross the road at all - especially when a large white SUV was headed your way? I did my very best, because you know, I'll do anything to keep from killing another creature. (Hey, I don't even squish spiders - I put them outside, you never know who might be Charlotte). I slowed, I zigged, but just when I zagged...so did YOU.

So, on the afternoon school run I get to see your flat little squirrel body, with it's pitiful tail, in the road - mocking me. And I feel really terrible...for a moment or two. Cause you see, Mr. Squirrel, my friend, it's pretty simple.

You had a death wish and I helped you fulfill your destiny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Remind me to stay out of the road when you are driving!
love, Jo