Monday, December 29, 2008

You basket thief you...

About three years ago I was out just before Christmas doing some last minute shopping and I spied a really cute basket that I couldn't go home without - I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I just knew I had to have it. I'm not a huge shopper, but there are a few things that I have a weakness for and baskets are one of them (books and electronics are the others). Go figure.

That evening when I got home, I made the mistake of putting the basket down on the kitchen floor and Vivi found it immediately; the basket has been "Vivi's basket" from then on. It has a soft bed inside and stays just below the oven, where a heat vent blows out. She loves to curl up inside it and would spend all of her time there except for one large problem.

A while back, Ben decided that HE liked Vivi's basket and as you can see, he's waiting not so patiently for her to get OUT of the basket. And when Vivi saw me with the camera and hopped out to say "Hey!".

Well, see for yourself...

What Ben doesn't quite get is the fact that he's about five pounds of cat too much for Vivi's basket.

I'm always surprised at how gracious she is about sharing her prized basket. Maybe she just knows he's old and cold?

No comments: