Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So, about the tree...

There is no tree yet, and I don’t know when I’ll get around to it.

I just have hard time getting all worked up about putting that much effort into something that basically Danny, me, Syd, Rea, two dogs and three cats are going to see. Oh yeah, those people that drive by my house are going to see it, but are they really going to know if it has ornaments or not?

Santa isn’t going to see it, we’re never home for Christmas, never have been. My girls have never gotten to sleep in their beds on Christmas Eve – don’t know what it’s like to get up in their own house on Christmas morning.

We drag in from out of town, tired and there, waiting in the living room is a lonesome Christmas tree. The last thing you want to do is tackle that thing – so it’s hard to even get the enthusiasm to put it up in the beginning.

Ho, Ho, Ho.

No comments: