Monday, July 14, 2008

Rivals

I was an only child for twelve years of my life - when my brother was born I thought he was the neatest thing since sliced bread. Seriously! And while we've had our ups and downs, like all brothers and sisters, I honestly cannot relate to the CONSTANT bickering of my girls these days.

EVERYTHING is a turf war, there is NOT A KIND WORD to be had between those two. I was so lonesome growing up, I would have given anything to have had a sibling, that it completely baffles me that they aren't friends, even for brief moments of time.

Today Rea and I were driving home from Kentucky, whizzing along the interstate and she pipes up and says: "This is an awesome day, I'm riding in SYD'S car, listening to SYD's CD's and wearing SYD's sunglasses!"

You see what I mean? A day made AWESOME because she knew her sister would care!

No comments: