Tuesday, June 3, 2008


Today I need to send a birthday SHOUT OUT to one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world!

Don and I have been friends since 1974 when we started seventh grade together – we both share the SAME last name AND our first names both begin with D! So, we were alphabetically joined until we graduated from high school in 1980. It gets even better; Don’s whole name is Larry Don AND my Dad’s name is Larry Ronald!! Just for the record, they both hate the Larry part and out of respect we all avoid any references to it! Most of the time ;-)

Don and I were not only friends throughout middle school and high school; he MARRIED my best friend Rhonda from high school. He and my husband, Danny, and are great friends, he was and is an enabler in many of Danny’s hobbies (golf, tennis, fishing, he’s avoided skeet shooting thus far).

The four of us have had many adventures together, camping in monsoons, getting lost in San Diego, spending countless hours just floating on a life jacket on Kentucky Lake. I don’t know how many trips to the beach we have made together, involving untold sunburns and LOTS of headaches! Some of the FUNNIEST times of my life involve Don.

So, Happy Birthday old friend! I hope the fun continues…

No comments: