Thursday, June 26, 2008

Benjamin

Here's our sweet kitty Ben, who turned eleven back in the spring and is truly just an ornamental fixture these days. I brought Ben home from an outdoor party one night; he was an ugly, scrawny, half-starved stray only about six weeks old. He hung out all night long underfoot, trying to get on the food tables, I ended up carrying him so he wouldn't get stepped on and simply took him to the car with us when we left.

He grew to be beautiful and is one of the sweetest cats I've ever had (and I've had alot). Don't laugh, but I honestly think that blue/grey kitties have a sweet gene, almost every one I've ever known has had an awesome disposition.

Seven years ago Ben was diagnosed with a terminal illness, which involved a lot of money, expensive drugs and we were told we would have about a year more with him. Hmmph. Guess he wasn't listening!

No comments: