Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mr. Music Please

Rea and I were running errands the other day and we drove by a really expensive gift store that was going out of business. She asked me what kind of store it was and if I had ever been in. I told her that in fact that I had been in a time or two, but that I had quit going in because they didn’t play music. And, she was like - What? And, I said. That’s right. No music. It was TOO quiet. There was never anyone in there, just the lady behind the counter and NO music. And she WATCHED me and you could practically HEAR her hold her BREATHE each time I touched something breakable.

SO, I never went back and that’s why I think they went out of BUSINESS. (Well, in all fairness, one could also speculate that choosing to locate your upscale gift store at the site of a former driving range could factor toward the failure of said business).

So, she said you think they needed, like elevator music. And I said yes! But even better music than that. You know, not like Hollister, where you couldn't even HEAR the fire alarm if it went off, but you know, maybe a little MOOD music would have really helped them out.

I’m just sayin'…

No comments: