Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shelley's Mama Too


Now, I don’t want any of you or Shelley to think that I’ve forgotten her in her dotage. Just in case she’s gotten internet access in the last day so, or perhaps Nelson has decided to do the old “Mama Loves Me Best” ploy, I’d like to take a moment to explain here.

My Boy Nelson was all about finding a unique domain name, you understand, Shel? I needed to find something that hadn’t been used, something that kinda protected my privacy. The Shelley/Sheltie things were used so I went with the Nelson scenario. It doesn’t mean anything. Promise. I don’t love you any less. You’ve been a wonderful, faithful, if somewhat, neurotic companion, ‘lo these many years and I don’t know what I’d do without you!

I swear, this has nothing to do with those carpet stains and that $459 Chem-Dry bill. Or the way you circle the lawnmower, or try to attack the leaf-blower, or the Weed-Eater, or herd small children and the completely psychotic way you do the Sheltie spin when we slam the back door.

Not to mention your insistence on sleeping upstairs, even though you have developed debilitating arthritis and climbing the steps takes FOREVER. And I listen and hold my breath when you come down, because I just know you are going to fall, and I know what heartbreak that will be.

Oh yeah, you have chronic halitosis. And gas, Sweet Jesus, do you have gas.

Love you girl!

No comments: