Monday, April 28, 2008

Pause and Rewind!

We are TiVo people - there are three in our house, they are the real McCoy, and we love them. I’m completely hooked on TiVo (it’s a little like my computer compulsion), I think TiVo is user friendly, I love how I can record my favorite shows, then watch them when I want to, I love how TiVo records suggestions for me, I love the Season Pass feature, I love the Wish List feature, I love that I can FAST FORWARD through commercials, I love, okay, I know you get it. But, one more thing, I love that I can PAUSE-and-REWIND-and-REPLAY something when I don’t quite hear something or when I want to re-watch a snippet of a show. Don’t you just love that too?

However, this brings me to what I wanted to write about today. I wanted to know if those of you who have TiVo (or Moxie or DVR’s) are having an issue in your everyday life like I am. I want to REWIND the radio while I’m driving down the road, I want to REWIND someone in mid-conversation, I wanted to PAUSE and REWIND the pastor the other Sunday during church. A couple of friends and I were talking about this the other day and we all admitted that we were finding ourselves searching for the remote during these situations and trying to REWIND!

I’m just waiting for them come up with the technology so that we’ll all be able to walk around with a little remote so that we will be able to go “Oooops, Didn’t catch that” and point it at someone and back them up and have them repeat their last two sentences. Or maybe if they are really boring you could just put them on pause and come back to them later. Or at least FAST FORWARD to the juicy part!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooooo miss my moxie box!!! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to hit the pause button when non-tv watchers (yes, there are some of those) start talking to you in the middle of something you are trying to follow on tv. And then there is the tv surfing brother who decides at 9:20 that you can have the remote once again & you have to figure out what happened for the first 20 minutes of your favorite show. I thought that I was the only one who needed a tivo for my radio - I am always trying to hit the rewind button.
love ya! JoYo

Chelsy said...

I agree! I have a client that I can never understand what they are saying. I would love to bring my Maxi remote to my meetings with them :)

Anonymous said...

I can sooo relate. I too thought I was the only one with this problem. I was ashamed to admit that I longed to rewind the radio and the preacher in church! How addicted we become to these luxuries!