Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hometown News

My hometown newspaper has a message board and it never fails to provide amusement. Wish my local paper had one.

This little gem appeared last week:

"I see that KY, along with some other states has a bill to let non violet people out of jail and prison. My question is why waste the time and money serving warrants or taking people to jail if they are going to let them right back out. What purpose is served? Wouldn't the time and gas be better used to go after people that they know are violet. I mean, after all, police do have common sense and know the bad ones from the non bad ones without having to waste the time in court. If I get a ticket and I don't have a job or own anything, well I can't pay it so why take me to jail. In a perfect world, yes, I would deserve to go to jail or pay a fine but since gas is getting so high and making everything else go sky high, also, is there any need driving 20 or 30 miles to make 6 or 7 dollars an hour."

Well, I just couldn't let this one pass, I emailed it to friends with a little comment that said, "Who knew that being purple was a problem in the Commonwealth?"

Imagine my complete delight when DMC posted this comment a day or two later!

"I think violet people should be let out of jail. Life is hard enough when you to go through life as a bright shade of purple. Just like those blue Fugates in Eastern Kentucky."

I think we were separated at birth.

No comments: