Saturday, February 7, 2009

Boy, those birthdays just keep slipping up on me...

and you just never know whose picture is gonna turn up on the old blog do you?

Although Birthday Girl and I grew up in the same small town and went to high school together we didn’t really form a true friendship until she married one of my close childhood friends. However, what I truly believe bonded us was the fact that we ended up pregnant with our first babies at the same time – those two kids are thirteen days apart (and closing in on seventeen). And through some un-discussed, coincidence, five years later we were pregnant again at the same time. Our youngest are six weeks apart in age. Pregnancy was absolutely no fun for me and to have a buddy who was weathering (although not hurling the first time) the seas as me was a great comfort.

Happy Birthday Debbi! I have loved sharing the laughs, the ups and the downs. The ins and the outs, the vacations…even The Botel.

You are a special friend and I wish I was there to celebrate with you!

No comments: