Friday, January 15, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I’ve had a bad, bad morning – nearly three hours wasted trying to pay for something online using PayPal. I learned the hard way that my debit card is attached to an old but blocked account because my Dearly Beloved is a gun-runner and now banned from eBay for life for selling goodies that go with firearms.

In the middle of talking to Paypal IN INDIA, I also discovered that I was no longer able to log into my email account. It didn’t like anything I did – at all. And let’s add insult to injury that the Personal Secret that it kept refusing to accept was “Your Favorite Pet”. That’s right: Shelley. So I also cried this morning because as I‘ve tried to enter her name over and over trying to reactivate my Hotmail account.

Now, in the midst of all this brouhaha, Danny and I have had a disagreement over all these ins and outs and after several terse phone calls – are no longer speaking. It might have a little bit to do with the fact that he revealed that HE changed my email password at some point and I had to apologize to the Hotmail representative I’d had on the line for twenty minutes. Just sayin’

And, this three day migraine is starting to get just a tad old.

But, as I was thinking about my crappy day, I was also thinking about the people in Haiti – about how menial my problems were, that I had so many things to be grateful for. Simple things, like a bed, clean water and something for dinner tonight. And even my Dearly Beloved.


Text “disaster” to 90999 to donate $10.00 to Compassion International.

Text “Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10.00 to the Red Cross.