Friday, February 26, 2010

Confessions

I know that I keep saying that I'm going to blog more – and I really want to, but honestly, I've holed up in the house like a hermit to avoid the cold and will do almost anything to keep from cleaning up, applying make-up and putting on something besides yoga pants and Uggs and leaving the house; that doesn't leave me many opportunities to find interesting topics.

And while I'm confessing, I'll just tell you straight up, my standards are slipping. There a few days, here and there, that slip by that I absolutely refuse to shower – because there is one thing that I hate and that's getting C.O.L.D and if I'm all snuggy and warm and haven't set foot outside all day nor broken a sweat, I just don't see the point in getting all wet and cold. And for the record, shampoo does too count as facial cleanser, just sayin'

Nelson has even joined me in my hermit-ness, preferring to spend most of his days sleeping in his basket or on the back of the couch. He rarely ventures outside and save for their early morning wake-up visit for a little breakfast; Scout and Trooper are spending most of their time inside snoozing too. Those crazy Shih Tzu's aren't offering me much material these days either.

Some New Year's Eve shenanigans involving a broom have left me with a bum shoulder; I'll fill you in on the details when I know more – but let's just say that my orthopedic guy and I were already on a first name basis and it's looking like we may be exchanging Christmas Cards before I'm through with this. My achy shoulder has just been another excuse for me to hide in the house and huddle on the couch with Nelson and my good friend – the muscle relaxer.

Nelson and I will update soon!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I am VERY sick of the cold weather. Much too much inside time and not enough outside sunshine time. Hmmm... I am intrigued by your mention of a broom and new years eve LOL! Hope that your injury is not serious... sounds painful... hang in there!

all about us said...

amen, sista!!

I Am Woody said...

Since I work from home, I find it VERY easy to stay in my pjs all day. Is it bad to take a shower and change into a clean set?

PS - I hope you have a good orthopedic doc. Bone and Joint Clinc in Franklin is da' bomb:)