Monday, November 24, 2008

Randomness

I’ve had a bit of bloggers block lately. There are lots of things I would really like to blog about, but in the words of the SNL Church Lady, I just don’t think it would be PRUDENT. The funny, inane things that I usually notice are being crowded out by the heavier things on my mind; so, I’m just going to write what pops up and run with it.

Nelson is behind me with a towel that he has absconded. Now, he’s digging at it like he is possessed. Then again, maybe he is…

I have to go to the dentist at 10:00 – I am getting my teeth cleaned. I don’t like going, but am so much better than I used to be, having braces as an adult got me over a lot of my dental phobia. I still get nitrous oxide for cleaning though. I could do without it, but they don’t know it and I’m not telling them!

Nellie Olsen is alive and well. My dark heart sure wishes Half-Pint would once again lure her to the shady part of the creek where the leeches live.

I am dreading putting up my Christmas tree – it is not something I enjoy. Bah Humbug.

I went to get my haircut the other day, when I got there I started digging through my purse for my cell-phone. I just knew I had it when I left the house, was positive that I had dropped it in my purse. I dug and dug and came close to turning my purse upside down in my car and told my friend Jo so. On my cell-phone – I was talking on it the entire time. How sad is that?

Scout and Trooper just blazed through the cat door – they were in the house a grand total of 1.5 minutes, long enough for Trooper to make a doggie deposit by the back door. What is that dog’s deal?

That's all for now...

ETA: Back in 2007 we changed our phone service over to AT&T - one of the features that apparently was part of the "bundle" was voice mail. One small problem was that we didn't know this and it snuck in and sniped our trusty answering machine. This went on for months...and it continues to attempt a coup from time to time. About two weeks ago I finally figured out how to retrieve those messages from that mailbox; so if you left us a message, say, back in July of 2007 - maybe you better call back.

Over and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randomness sounds like every day for me....I've developed aadd (adult attention deficit disorder..I think that's the name, I wasn't paying attention.) About the tree, when the kids have flown the nest, you get to NOT DO WHAT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE and as with human nature you find you'd like to do it again.