Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello, again…

So, I guess a few of you have missed me and have been beginning to wonder if I've fallen off the face of the earth. I'm not sure what to tell you about my bloggy absence, except to say that life just got in the way of the words; a lot has gone on in the last few months and while I didn't deliberately walk away from My Boy Nelson, after a bit, it just seemed like the wise thing to do.

This spring wasn't one of best we've ever endured (though, we've had much worse, believe me). I had shoulder surgery in April and was pretty much out of commission and leaning heavily on Syd, who in turn was trying to finish up her senior year in high school. Rea was walking through the final part of her seventh grade year and experiencing the woes of middle school and my heart ached for her.

May brought the loss of my dear friend, Joanne; how do you sum up someone's life in a blog post? I tried, but I simply couldn't find the words to describe how I felt. We all miss her…

After weeks of physical torture therapy, it became obvious that something wasn't quite right with my shoulder and I had a second surgery in July (Boy howdy, that was fun). I am glad to tell you though, that it is MUCH better now – not 100% - but good. Usable. Tolerable. Bearable. None of those words applied prior to July.

Dano is steady as ever; my friend, my partner, my punching bag and my soft place to fall.

I've got lots to tell you and will be posting again soon.

4 comments:

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

I am glad to see you back here, even if I know where to find you if I need you. :D

Dear Jo... gosh, I miss her.

I Am Woody said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Wish I could blink and make the hurt go away. Glad to hear that the shoulder is better and hoping that in time the healing will continue. Glad you are back!

I Am Woody said...

My SIL lost a friend named Joanne in May as well. Cancer? From Tullahoma?

Jackie M. said...

So glad you're back!